FUNCTION: Keep a continuous up to date record of the Finances of the Club.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A member of the Executive Committee.
- Deposit the membership dues as they are received.
- Deposit the “Toonie” collections and any other receipts as they are received from the
- Keep a record of the monthly expenditures of the Club.
- After approval from the Executive Committee, issue cheques to cover these expenditures. All cheques require two (2) signatures.
- Present a monthly statement of the financial position of the club, showing a comparison between actual and budget for each item, for the monthly Executive Committee meeting.
- Present an Annual Budget for the following year to the AGM, showing a comparison to the past years actual for each item on the budget.
- Advise the Captain of any pending financial problems.
- Retain records to support all receipts and deposits of funds received and of payments made in the year and in previous years.
- Prepare year-end financial statements for audit committee.
- At the beginning of each year, arrange for any signature changes for signing officers for the Club. (Captain, Treasurer, and one other signing officer).
- When term is up, see that incoming member is counselled on the responsibilities of the position.
- Study the Club’s Policy Manual to have knowledge of the Club’s policies, paying particular attention to policies that impact directly on your area of responsibility.
TIME TABLE OF EVENTS AND DUTIES:
- Bank all cash and cheques received.
- Distribute all cheques approved for payment.
- Record all bank deposits and show source on the stub of the cheques. This is a record of all receipts and expenditures and you have a continuous balance on hand.
- As you receive bank statements for each month, do bank reconciliation.
- Reconcile your total membership dues received to the actual number of members times the individual fee.
- Record the amounts you receive from the “Toonie” fund and check this amount with the records of the Vice-Captain.
- Prepare a draft Budget for the following year for discussion and approval by the Executive Committee for presentation at the October AGM.
- Recommend any financial changes and improvements that would be of benefit to the members and the Club.
- Present year-end financial statements for audit by, audit committee.