FUNCTION: Prepare the Seasons Schedule of Tournament Play and ensure their efficient operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A member of the Executive Committee.
- A member of the Rules Committee.
- Coordinate Tournament play with the Scheduler, the Starter, the Rules Chairmen, and the Vice- Captains.
- Prepare a schedule of Tournament play.
- Arrange play with other Clubs.
- Arrange for Tournament prizes as required.
- Maintain list of Tournament winners.
- Recruit members to assist with the running of club Tournaments.
- Prepare Score Cards in advance of Tournament play.
- Prepare and distribute on day of play special Tournament Rules, etc. ( attach rules of play for the day to score card).
- Post Tournament “sign – up” sheets or advance notices as required.
- Present prizes on day of play or week following as applicable.
- Confer with Rules Chairman on every Club Tournament to see that Rules of the day are in place and a Rules Committee member is available on Tournament day for rulings.
- To see that your budget request for next year is into the Treasurer on time.
- When term is up, see that incoming member is counselled on the responsibilities of the position.
- Study the Club’s Policy Manual to have knowledge of the Club’s policies, paying particular attention to policies that impact directly on your area of responsibility.
TIME TABLE OF EVENTS AND DUTIES:
- Prepare a schedule of Tournaments for inclusion in the Club Roster.
- At the end of each month post a list of special events for the next month.
- Prepare forms, etc. for events taking place that month.
- Meet with other Chairmen as required to assure smooth operation of all special play events.
- Two weeks before a tournament coordinate with the Vice-Captain, Starter, Scheduler and Handicap Chairman.
- Room and table set up
- Format for draw – by mixed handicaps/like handicaps/teams. etc.
- – Any special rules of play.
- Prizes, special colour balls, etc.
- – If score cards are to prepared before hand
Day of Play
- Arrive at least 45 minutes before the first Tee time.
- Review set up and that any special balls, prizes, trophies, etc. are on hand.
- Make sure Captain of foursome has scorecard and copy of any special rules to be followed.
- Identify Rules Committee member for days play.
- Collect scorecards at end of days play, confer with Handicap Chairman and declare winners.