FUNCTION: Ensure the efficient operation of the Club Day Draw.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take over the weekly draw from the Scheduler Tuesday at 1200hr.
- Make any changes to the schedule from Tuesday onward on the week of play.
- Maintain a list of assistants for monthly duty
- Set up of the starters table and bulletin boards on the day of play.
- Check off each player as they arrive for their tee time.
- Collect the” toonie” and Green Fee Slip and record if they will be playing the next two weeks.
- See that players get off on time and off in foursomes.
- Give completed check off sheet to the Scheduler before the end of the days play.
- Give list of no-shows and late arrivals to the Vice-Captain on duty.
- Maintain the Clubs phone, email and voice mail.
- Pay monthly fees for above items
- Inform Country Meadows Pro Shop of number of players for that day
- To get your next year’s budget request into the Treasurer on time.
- When term is up, see that incoming member is counselled on position.
- Study the Club’s Policy Manual to have knowledge of the Club’s policies, paying particular attention to the policies that impact directly on your area of responsibility.
TIME TABLE OF EVENTS AND DUTIES:
- On the Tuesday night, run off 2 copies of the starting foursomes, 1 copy of next weeks starting times and make out the cards for each tee time.
- Arrive at least 1 hour before start of days play.
- Pick up the “Toonie’ box and KP envelopes in the proshop.
- Set up starter tables and bulletin boards.
- Set out weekly check off sheets and “Toonie” bucket.
- Give tee time schedule of the foursomes to Pro shop who will make a copy for the Club Starter.
- Give completed check off sheet to Schedulers slot in the pro shop.
- Leave the “Toonie” bucket to Vice-Captain at end of shift in the proshop with a copy of the foursomes and check off sheet.
- Give list of no-shows and late arrivals to Vice-Captain.
- Discuss any problems with the Vice-Captain.
- Recharge the starters phone.
- Attend the Executive Committee meeting to report weekly play.
- Post a notice asking members to sign up for assistant starters duties.
- Prepare a list of monthly assistant starters.