FUNCTION: Keep all Club Records up to date.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Member of the Executive committee.
- Keeper of the Club Records and Archives.
- In conjunction with the Club Captain, prepare an agenda for Exec. Committee meetings.
Maintain a record of what are said and done at all meetings.
- Prepare a copy of the minutes and review copy with the Club Captain. Send out minutes to each Exec. Committee member.
- Keep and maintain a hard copy of all Executive Committee meetings, or on C/D.
- Prepare a list of correspondence for every Executive Committee meeting.
- Answer any club correspondence and type and send out any correspondence that the Captain and Executive Committee may direct.
- Work in close harmony with members of the Executive Committee.
- Work in close harmony with the Club Captain.
- Keep the Club’s Database up to date and work in close conjunction with the Membership Chairman, the Scheduler, Handicap Chairman and the Starter. Pass any membership changes to these four Committee Chairmen as soon as possible.
- In conjunction with the Club Captain, prepare an agenda for the Club’s AGM. Copy sufficient numbers of the previous AGM minutes for members attending the AGM. Obtain from the Treasurer his year-end report and prepare sufficient copies for the AGM.
- To have next years budget request in to the Treasure on time.
- When term is up, see that incoming members is counselled on responsibilities of the position.
- Prepare an Opening Day agenda and organize the Opening Day envelope for all members.
- Attend the New Member’s luncheon and take individual picture of all new members for display on the Club’s notice board.
- Review each monthly agenda for the Executive Committee’s meeting and include items that must be included, for example, the Nominating Committee’s report to be received at the September meeting.
- Prepare a list of all of the members showing who should be contacted in an emergency medical situation. Deposit this list with the pro shop staff and regularly up date the list changes. The first deposit should be made on Opening Day
- Have a detailed knowledge of the Club’s Policy Manual so as to be in a position when needed to offer guidance to the Captain and the Executive Committee on issues that have been discussed previously and is now considered a Club policy.
- Monitor and approve all items for submission to the Club’s web site and forward to the Webmaster.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the Club’s Policy Manual so as to be in a position when required to offer guidance t o the Captain and the Executive Committee on issues that have been discussed previously and is now considered as a Club policy.
TIME TABLE OF EVENTS AND DUTIES
- At least one week before an Executive Committee meeting: conjunction with the Captain prepare an agenda
- Prepare a list of correspondence
- Record what are said and done at all meetings, and send out minutes prior to the next meeting date.
- Answer any club correspondence and type and send out any correspondence as directed by the Executive Committee.
- Pass on any membership changes to the committee heads concerned.
- Prepare an agenda in conjunction with the Club Captain for the AGM.
- Prepare copies of the minutes of the previous years AGM for distribution at the AGM.
- Receive from the Treasurer a copy of his year-end report and prepare copies for distribution at the AGM.
- Record the results of the election of new officers.
- Prepare a record of what all was said and done at the AGM.
- Prepare an agenda in conjunction with the Club Captain for the new Executive Committee meeting.
- Prepare and send out to all Executive Committee Members Executive meeting minute