FUNCTION: Assess course-playing conditions. Assist club members in knowing and playing by the rules of golf.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Member of Executive Committee.
- Assess playing conditions throughout the regular season.
- On a regular basis, check out-of-bounds and hazard markers and advise course superintendent of remedial action to be taken.
- Advise players with notices of any irregularities, and relief to be taken.
- Advise the course superintendent of any impediments to normal play, and remedial action to be taken.
- Organize and conduct rules seminars
- Research questions on rules of play for members.
- Attend BCPGA rules seminar.
- Assign Rules Committee member to each Club tournament.
- To see that your next year’s budget request is into the Treasurer on time.
- Study the Club’s Policy Manual to have knowledge of Club policies, paying particular attention to policies that impact directly on your area of responsibility.
TIME TABLE OF EVENTS AND DUTIES:
- When term is up, see that incoming member is counselled on position responsibilities.
- Confer with Tournament Chair on all Club Tournaments regarding rules and see that a member of the Rules Committee is at the Tournament.
1. Prepare a schedule of rules seminars for inclusion in the Club Roster.
- Assess playing conditions and advise players with notices of any irregularities, relief to be taken.
- Make up weekly rules of play regarding course conditions and see that the Bulletin board is posted at the 1st tee each week and arrange to have it returned each week to upstairs storage. (Co-ordinate with the Vice-Captains).