FUNCTION: Carry out such duties as assigned by the Captain.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A member of the Executive Committee
- Chairman of the Nominating Committee
- Responsible to the Captain for seeing that each committee chair has a back-up in place could be a potential future committee chair.
- Responsible to the Captain to see that each committee has an up-to-date job description on file.
- Serve as a member of the Policy Committee.
- Make himself available to the Captain for guidance & counsel in club matters.
- Carry out such other duties as assigned by the Captain.
- In October prepare a slate of nominations for each of the offices to be filled, to be presented at the Annual General Meeting.
- Present the out-going Captain with his personalized Captain’s gavel.
- Have detailed knowledge of the Club’s Policy Manual so as to be in a position when needed to offer guidance to the Captain and the Executive Committee on issues that have been discussed previously and is now considered as a Club policy.
TIME TABLE OF EVENTS AND DUTIES:
1. Together with the Captain, select a Nominating Committee of 4 candidates for approval by the Executive Committee at their August meeting.
- Present a slate of candidates for each of the offices to be filled on or before the September meeting of the Exec. Committee.
- Present to the Annual General Meeting a slate of nominations for each of the offices to be filled.