FUNCTION: Maintain a current list of Active and Associate Members of the Club.
Maintain a chronological waiting list of Senior Men wishing to join the Club.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A member of the Executive Committee.
- Maintain a list of Active members. (Maximum of 150)
- Coordinate with the Handicap Chairman regarding the addition of new members to the clubs handicap system.
- Maintain an up-to-date “waiting list” of people wishing to become “Active members”. This list to be established according to the date they applied.
- Maintain a Non-Active members list showing those members who have submitted written declarations regarding their inability to play as an Active member.
- Coordinate with the Treasurer, handing over membership dues as they are received.
- Submit to the Treasurer any the Executive before hand must approve receipts recognizing that any expense greater than $100.
- Prepare an up-to-date membership list for publication in the annual Membership manual.
- Submit all New & Renewal Membership forms each year to the Secretary for compiling the “Official Membership List”. Notify the Secretary of any changes throughout the year.
- Keep the keys to the Club’s Post Office Box and ensure that the box is cleared on a regular basis. No less than twice per month.
- As vacancies occur, telephone the top person on the “Waiting List” to enquire if they still are interested in playing and are available for regular Wednesday play. If so, mail them an application form along with a copy of the Guidelines for New Members. Allow three (3) weeks for reply. If that person is not available for regular play, his name, if he chooses, can be returned to the bottom of the “Waiting List”.
- Prepare for new members both a nametag and bag tag. (Click Shop Trophies on Columbia Street New Westminster.)
- Prepare individual addressed applications for the following year’s play and start distribution to members on play day by the end of August. Mail out any unclaimed applications by mid-September. Members who have not submitted renewal cheques by October 31st deadline must have their names forwarded to the Executive Committee for determination of termination. Make appropriate arrangements for collection of forms.
- Follow policy as described in Section 3 of the Club’s bylaws regarding transfer of “Active” members to the “Non-Active” member’s list and visa versa. It is to be explained to the “Non-Active” members that they are still eligible for limited play. Requests to return to full active membership should be made in writing to the Secretary.
- To get next years budget request to the Treasurer on time.
- When term is up, see that incoming member is counselled on the responsibilities of the position.
- Study the Club’s Policy Manual to have knowledge of the Club’s policies, paying
particular attention to policies that impact directly on your area of responsibility
TIME TABLE OF EVENTS AND DUTIES:
- Check Club P.O. Box minimum twice monthly.
- Update membership lists as needed on a separate page.
- Keep track in a separate file of all membership changes to be used by editor of members annual manual.
- Inform Secretary, Handicap chairman and Treasurer of any membership changes.
- Report any change in membership status to Executive Committee at their regular monthly meeting.
- Prepare and distribute applications for membership renewal. Ask for any changes not given previously
- Take forms to starters desk and start collecting cheques until last day of play in October
- Note paid members and give cheques/cash to Treasurer
- Begin to prepare membership list for inclusion in the new member’s manual
- Advise Executive Committee of any members whose membership status is unclear for the next years Club play.
- Begin process of updating memberships.
- Deadline for renewing is October 31st.
- Start phoning wait list applicants for next season.
- Complete list of new members by November 30
- When all updating is completed send new list to executive and to the editor of the annual members manual