FUNCTION: Maintain a weekly up-dated record of member’s handicaps.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A member of the Executive Committee.
- Club contact with Northern Systems.
- See to the up grade of computers to the latest version of Handicap Manager.
- Input New Members into Handicap Manger and delete members that leave.
- Up-date member’s handicaps weekly.
- Maintain handicap data on non-active members.
- Monitor handicaps throughout the season to make sure that our present split in three divisions is equal and fair.
- Provide an update of member’s handicaps to the Scheduler every couple of weeks so that he can post it in Tournament Manager and on our website.
- At year-end run a report to determine the Most Improved Golfer.
- Verify a player’s handicap when requested.
- Change “System Configurations” as required.
- Provide assistance to new members on using the Club’s handicap system.
- Provide year- end handicap data to Vice-Captains at year -end.
- To see that your budget request is into the Treasurer on time. When term is up, see that incoming member is counselled on the responsibilities of the position.
- Study the Club’s Policy Manual to have knowledge of the Club’s policies, paying particular attention to policies that impact directly on your area of responsibility.
TIME TABLE OF EVENTS AND DUTIES;
- Contact Northern Systems in early January to determine costs for system upgrades to Handicap Manager and Tournament Manager.
- Have the purchase cost approved at the January Executive meeting and then order the upgrade. Charge it to your personal credit card and submit the invoice to the Treasurer for payment. Send a copy of the upgraded of Tournament Manager to the Scheduler.
- Upgrade both home and the club’s computer to the latest version of Handicap Manager.
- When a list of New Members is provided by the Membership Chairman, input their names, address, telephone number, e-mail address and member’s number into Handicap Manager.
- When members move from the regular to the inactive list, print their Handicap Data so we will have it when they rejoin the Active list, then remove their name from the Active List.
- When players leave the club remove them from the active roster in Handicap Manager.
- Monitor the handicaps throughout the season to make sure that our present split in three divisions is equal, affording all players the same chance to win.
- Provide information to the captains on the frequency of play of all players to verify their information.
- Report on issues pertinent to the Handicap Manager to the Executive Committee.
- Upgrade Handicap Manager when upgrades are received from Northern Systems.
- Provide an update of the member’s handicaps to the Scheduler every couple of weeks so that he can post it in Tournament Manager and on our website.
- Toward the end of the year, run a report to determine the most improved golfer in the club for awarding of the trophy.
- Provide assistance, particularly to new members on using our club computer to post their scores and check their handicaps.
- Keep a list of instructions available next to the club computer and make sure there is paper loaded in the printer.
- Verify a player’s handicap if they are participating in an outside tournament, both by signing their card and printing out the last 20 rounds.
- Change “System Configurations” as required.
- Provide assistance to other members of the Executive as requested.
- Before Wednesday play check the cards that are in the box to make sure they have been properly entered. To do this click on “Handicap Data”, then enter player’s number or name. Check that they are entered for correct date, gross
and adjusted scores.
- Remove these cards from the box so that only the Wednesday cards will be there.
- After completion of Wednesday’s play go through all cards; the ones marked “Entered” need only a random check for accuracy but others not so marked should be checked to see that all scores are entered.
- If any scores have not been entered do so at this time by clicking on
“Add Round” and entering the players number or name.
- If any scores are marked “DQ”, make a note of the players, as they will not be considered for low gross or low net winners.
- Set aside cards that only have 9 holes played for later entry into the computer.
- Now enable the Manager’s menu by clicking on “Maintenance”, then click on “enable Managers Menu”’ enter password, click on “Yes”.
- Next is the Daily Round report for Gross Scores; Click on “Print”, click on “ Daily Round Report”, Click on “by Gross Scores”, check to make sure the
date is correct and the course is correct AAA Country Meadows. Then click on “Print” for report.
- Repeat the same procedure for the Daily Round Report for Net Score print it as well.
- Add in any 9 hole scores by Clicking on “Add”, then click on “Add Away Round
Summary”, Enter member # or name, highlight “9 hole round“, Enter Course name “Country Meadows”, enter gross & adjusted scores for the nine holes, enter rating “28.6” and slope “86” then click “Okay” to complete.
- Now review the printout of the Gross Scores and select the best gross
scores in each of the following handicap groups: 0 to 15, 16 to 20 and up Ties should be noted. These will be the gross winners.
- Now review the printout of the Net Scores and select the # best net scores within the total club (handicap groups do not come into play for low net). If a player has already won in the Gross Score competition, he is not considered in the Net Scores competition. You will still have net score winners but not necessarily the three best net scores. Note: any players card that has been marked “DQ” cannot win.
- The names of the winners of the “Low Gross” and “Low Net” competitions are provided to the Vice-Captains so they can reward the players the following week.
- Now do a backup for your home computer; click on “files”, Click on“data base Back-Up”, insert a blank floppy disk, click on “Floppy A”, When it is completed, click on “No”, unless you need a backup copy of the HM program.
- Take the cards and reports home. Do a double check that evening and count the rounds played on the cards and match it to the rounds reported on the Low Gross or Low Net reports. The only difference will be the 9 hole rounds.