CHAIRMAN CHARITY TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE FUNCTION: To give Direction to, Administrate and Organize the Country Meadows Senior Men’s Charity Golf Tournament. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Member of the Executive Committee.
- Liaison with Country Meadows re Charity Tournament.
- Liaison with Country Meadows Ladies Club re Charity Tournament.
- Recruit and supervise Charity Tournament Committee Chairmen.
- Liaison with BC Prostate Cancer Research Clinic.
- Annual review of Mini-Bio details and expectations of Charity’s various sub-committees.
- Study the Club’s Policy Manual to have knowledge of the Club’s policies, paying particular attention to policies that impact directly on your area of responsibility.
MINI BIO’S CHARITY POSITIONS: See chairman TIME TABLE OF EVENTS AND DUTIES:
- Set date of next years Tournament.
- Review all operations of Tournament just held.
- Recruit Chairmen for next years Tournament.
- Establish estimate of donation to Prostate Cancer.
- See to the payment of all bills.
- Hold first meeting of new Tournament Committee.
- Review Job descriptions with new sub-chairmen.
- Review Tournament Registration Forms.
- Mail out thank-you letters. Send list of donors to B.C. Cancer Foundation for mailing out of Income Tax receipts.
- (Captain, Charity Chair, Loyd McNicol) to present Dr. Marianne Sadar with the final cheque.
- Make a plan to seek out new corporate donors.
- Design a presentation brochure for solicitation of Corporation donors.
- Using last year’s information make a plan to approach contributing Corporations to continue.
- Plan what sub-committee adjustments may be necessary.
- Treasurer to start budget preparations.
- Continue with activities to seek out Corporate donors.
- Start work on Flag and Tee Box sales.
- Finalize Raffle sub-committee plan for the year.
- Computer generate the material required such as solicitation letters, entry forms tee box sales, donations, hole-in-ones, membership donations, and thank you letters.
- Finalize confirmation of date of event and cost of catering with Country Meadows.
- Encourage our own members to play and sign up early for themselves or for groups.
- Seek out local firms for cash donations or other forms of cash contributions.
- Coordinate the activities of the membership in soliciting prizes from local firms.
- Raffle committee ready to sell tickets at planned list of Senior’s golf days.
- Entries and Registration should be ready to start accepting entries.
- Organize team to get everyone registered quickly and in a timely manner.
- Review with draws and listing Chairman for best format.
- Compile a complete list of all prizes and donations collected with complete address and phone numbers along with the members name who collected the prize or donation.
- Treasurer to photocopy all cheques in preparation for tax receipts.
- Start coordinating the activities of our members in soliciting prizes from firms with whom they may be familiar.
- Contact Ladies Club to request their help in prize and donation collecting and to participate as players.
- All sub-committees should be in full operation and reporting progress and
assistance required at monthly meetings.
- All committees to continue to do their jobs especially those in the sponsorship, Fund raising and prize collection.
- First major push for membership donations.
- Second major push for membership donations and prizes.
- Work with Printing and signs Chairman to arrange for signage for all tee box, holes-in-one, sponsors, KP’s Long drive, etc, at the event.
- Publicity Chairman – print, radio, T.V., and other means to attract players and donations
- Final meeting and check list for the event.
- Arrange for volunteers for all venues.
- Work with committees to finalize catering, order of events, prize sorting, transportation, hole positions, tables & chairs, parking check-in, room set up, pitch & putt, score keeping auctions, MC, prize displays, raffles, ect.
- Phone follow-up by phoning committee.