Captain’s Report October, 2017
November 5, 2017
Captain’s Report – October, 2017
The first executive meeting with the new 2018 executive was held on October the 28th, 2017.
As new Club Captain I welcomed the new executive members who are
Harvey King (1st Vice-Captain),
Dave Mickie (2nd Vice Captain),
Wayne Eklof (Handicaps),
Norm Stavenes (Scheduler) and
Brian Pearce (Social).
I also thanked the retiring members Harvey King (8 years), John O’Connell (7 years), Ray Hunter (4 years) and Malcolm Davis (2 years). Harvey King is moving to 1st Vice Captain from Scheduler. I also thanked Doug Parmenter for agreeing to be the Charity Chair again in 2018. Date is Friday September 7, 2018
Here are some highlights from the meeting:
- John O’Connell, the outgoing 1st Vice Captain, reported that there had been 3426 rounds during our golfing season compared to 3523 last year, and average of 101/week vs. 106 last year. This year we had 4 hole-in-ones, lower that average.
- Mark Miller, the Treasurer, provided his monthly report and the Club is on budget for the year. The Committee passed the 2018 budget and it is basically unchanged from 2017.
- The Secretary will be sending you all an e-mail to remind you that the membership deadline is Oct. 31st. Once we know who is renewing Daryl Stowe, the Membership Chairman, will contact those on the waiting list to bring the Club up to complement.
- Jim Goodison spoke about the upcoming Xmas Breakfast on Dec 5th. You will all be contacted by your Buddies to confirm your attendance. Please be there if you can. The breakfast cost is $16.00 and we would also appreciate any donations of cash or food to aid in the Club’s Christmas Hamper program.
- Also note the Xmas Dinner Dance is December 16, 2017 and members should contact Brian Pearce, Social Chairman, at 604-277-2246.
- Gerry, Galasso, the Starter, said that he will be sending an e-mail to members in early January looking for volunteers to man the Starters table in 2018. Please think about volunteering as it is a fun experience and you meet a lot of members. Opening day is March 7, 2018.
See you at the Xmas Breakfast on Dec the 5th 2017!
Chuck Dunn, Captain