Captain’s Report March 2018
April 10, 2018
Captain’s Report – March 2018
Highlights from the March 29th 2018 executive meeting:
- David Shaw announced that our Kelowna Trip sold out and we have Wait List for cancellations.
- Secretary’s Report: Don Bailey has produced and placed in our box in the pro shop the CMSMGC Emergency Contact List for 2018.
- Membership: Daryl Stowe noted that there are 90 applicants on the Wait List.
- Scheduler: The Club Captain, Vice Captains, and Starter will draft a notice to members re: (1) the 30 minute arrival ahead of tee time and (2) no shows to help address this problem. Remember to check in and then report to the Starter, Brian, at the first tee.
- Rules: John Scott noted that the RCGA will introduce a number of new rules for 2019. The Rules Chair will write something for members regarding these rule changes. John clarified the rule for Hole #8 that when a tee shot lands anywhere on the green and then rolls back in to the water. If this happens you must go to the drop zone located in the lower right corner to replay your next shot with a loss of one stroke
- Charity Committee: Doug Parmenter noted that he is currently working on getting more Corporate Sponsors. He also re-iterated that each Exec. member commit to selling one raffle ticket book. He noted that another tour of Dr. Sadar’s Lab took place March 13. We have 125 golfers have booked to play Easter Sunday.
- Policy Committee: Glenn Janse noted that further work on the Policy Manual is planned when Bill sides returns. An e-mail has been sent to the Old Farts with a Schedule of courses. A new course – Bald Eagle (formerly Pt. Roberts) has been added. The Savage Creek Golf course may not be open until mid summer but Nelson will be willing to allow tours prior to that time.
Chuck Dunn, Captain