Captains Report – February, 2018
March 14, 2018
Captains Report – February 2018
2nd Executive Meeting of 2018 was held February 22, 2018.
Summary highlights from the meeting:
- Easter Sunday CM Golf Club is donating the green fees to our charity tournament. There will also be a chipping and putting contests at the 10th tee box.
- Golf Balls Sale Tim Enno is selling golf balls on Wednesdays. All are washed, cleaned and have been sorted. 5000 balls are available at $5 per dozen. All proceed to the Charity Tournament.
- There was some discussion on handicaps and in particular a question was raised as to whether members could post scores from other courses into our system. Although this is possible it was generally agreed that members should be encouraged to maintain two handicaps , one solely for Country Meadows and one via the BC Golf Association system.
- Club’s website: Dave Nielsen is in charge of and is updating the Club’s website.
- Starter: Gerry Galasso noted that all but 2 Starters have been lined up for 2018. New members will be assigned desk duties starting in May.
- Health, Welfare, & Merchandizing: Rick McLardy indicated – The bomber jackets that have been available for some time have been discontinued and another supplier is being sought. However club crests are available if members wish to attach them to their own clothing
- Immediate Past Captain’s Report: Terry Greenslade. Savage Creek – Application forms are being prepared. An e-mail list has been established. Interim executive is Terry (Captain) and Harvey (Scheduler)
- OF_ Old Farts Glenn Janse: The OF groups schedule will be available shortly.