CLUB CAPTAIN AND PRESIDENT FUNCTION: Ensure that the Club business is attended to efficiently and in accordance with the mission statement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Chairman of the Executive Committee.
- Ensure that the Club business is attended to promptly. Organize the Club’s yearly calendar and see that all functions are properly scheduled.
- Work with the Executive Committee to see that the needs of the Club are met.
- Attend and preside over Club functions including the Opening-Day Luncheon, Mid-Season Luncheon and Year-End AGM.
- Act as liaison with BCGA, CGA.
- Oversee the everyday running of the club. Work with each Committee Chairman to this end.
- Work with the Secretary to create the agenda for all Executive and Special Club Meetings.
- Deal with any emergency that may arise throughout the year.
- As ex officio officer be available to attend committee meetings as necessary.
- Act as Chairman of the Management Committee
- Appoint Club members to the Policy Committee and any Special Committees formed and delegate any Executive Committee Member to take the Chair on his behalf
- Ensure Committee Chairmen are reminded of monthly meeting.
- Bring any inquiries from the members to the attention of the Executive Committee.
- Ensure that annual budgets are established at the beginning of the season. Monitor the Executive Committee for financial responsibility and ensure that the financial guidelines are met, including the year’s financial annual audit.
- Represent the Club at all Memorial Services for members and friends of the Club.
- Act in the capacity of a Signing officer for the Club.
- At the end of each year ensure that a complete record of Club Activities and Events is filed in the Club’s Archives.
- Appoint a 3 person financial committee to audit year-end financial statements.
- Ensure that all Club Notices are released on time.
- Ensure that committees get their next year’s budget request in to the Treasurer on time.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the Club’s Policy Manual to be aware of issues that have been discussed previously and is now considered as a Club policy.
- When term is up, see that incoming member is counselled on responsibilities of the position. See that the Club’s ceremonial gavel is passed on to the in-coming Captain at the AGM.
TIME TABLE OF EVENTS AND DUTIES:
- Together with the Secretary prepare the agenda for the first meeting of the new Executive Committee.
- Ensure that all new Club Committee Chairmen have a copy of their Job Description and are aware of their Duties and Responsibilities.
- Ensure that all corrections and additions will be ready for printing of the new Club Member’s Manual by the end of December.