2nd Vice-Captain JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provide for the orderly and efficient operation of Club Play Days.
- 1st Vice-Captain assumes the duties of the Captain in his absence.
- 2nd Vice-Captain assumes the duties of the 1st Vice-Captain in his absence.
- Vice-captain’s duties to be split between the two positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Member of the Executive committee.
- Carry out such other duties as assigned by the Captain.
- Be available to the Captain for guidance & counsel in club matters.
- Be visible and available to all members on Club Play Days.
- When terms are up, see that incoming members are counselled on responsibilities of the position.
- Submit next year’s budget request to the Treasurer on time.
- Study the Club’s Policy Manual to have knowledge of the Club’s policies, paying particular attention to policies that impact directly on your area of responsibility.
- Establish KP’s for the upcoming week. Discuss with the 1st Vice-Captain how many prizes (KP’s/Low Gross/Low Net) should be set out. Available funds and projected attendance are factors to consider.
- Make up KP cards and provide them for the club Marshall to post on the holes on game day prior to the first tee time. If the Marshall is not available arrange for the first group to deliver the KP markers.
- Create a bulletin for last week’s K.P., Low Gross and Low Net winners and next week’s K.P. holes and which Low Gross/Low Net categories will participate. Ensure notice is posted on bulletin board prior to beginning of play. The Starter can assist to post the bulletin. Consider leaving the Bulletin and KP cards in the Club folder prior to Wednesday so Starter can find it on game day.
- Keep a record of all weekly play winners, separate KP’s from Low Gross/Low Net winners.
After the Round – Weekly
- Pick up the attendance sheet for the day. It is left in the club folder behind the desk in the ProShop.
- Check for “No Shows” and contact them to determine the reason.
- By Friday the 1st Vice-Captain usually receives notice from the Handicap Chairman regarding Low Gross and Low Net winners. That information will be included in the Weekly Toonie Pot Report prepared by the 1st Vice-Captain. This is the source of information for the bulletin for next week’s play.
Monthly and On-Going
- Maintain record of “hole-in-one” winners – date, hole number and club used. This information is used to create plates for the Hole-in-One plaque and presented at the AGM.
- Arrange distribution of refreshment tickets through the Starter on the week after a player’s “hole-in-one”. Date and initial each refreshment ticket.
- Arrange for payment of Hole-In-One (Refreshment) invoice from Country Meadows. Verify invoice against ticket count.
- Review attendance list for those who phone-in and cancel. For unusual occurrences phone and ask if there is a problem. If a problem report it to the Captain.
- Maintain a list of members who are “no shows” and present item to monthly Executive Committee meeting.
- Maintain attendance records for all members. Track members who will be in jeopardy of not playing their 12 game minimum. Report low attendance at the Mid-Season Executive meeting. Follow-up in September with those in jeopardy of not attaining their 12 games prior to end of season. Report findings to the Executive Meeting in September.
- Both Vice-Captains to determine prize limits and articles for non-tournament events, eg. 4-club, coloured ball, etc. Convey recommendation to Executive. Decisions to be administered by the Tournament Chairman.
Prepared by: Terry Greenslade – December 2013