Vice-Captain JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provide for the orderly and efficient operation of Club Play Days.
- 1st Vice-Captain assumes the duties of the Captain in his absence.
- 2nd Vice-Captain assumes the duties of the 1st Vice-Captain in his absence.
- Vice-captain’s duties to be split between the two positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Member of the Executive committee.
- Carry out such other duties as assigned by the Captain.
- Make yourself available to the Captain for guidance & counsel in club matters.
- Be visible and available to all members on Club Play Days.
- When terms are up, see that incoming members are counselled on responsibilities of the position.
- Submit next year’s budget request to the Treasurer on time.
- Study the Club’s Policy Manual to have knowledge of the Club’s policies, paying particular attention to policies that impact directly on your area of responsibility.
- Collect Toonie Pot from Pro Shop at the end of play.
- Cross-check Toonie slips against attendance checklist from the Starter.
- Collect KP cards and determine winners for that week.
- Obtain previous week’s Low Net and Low Gross winners from Handicap Chairperson. KP and Low Gross/Net winner information will be included in the Weekly Toonie Pot Report prepared by the 1st Vice-Captain.
- Submit a weekly report on Toonie Pot winners to Captain, 2nd Vice-Captain and Treasurer.
- Provide envelopes with cash in them for above winners and ensure the Starter has them prior to next week’s play.
- Change Toonies to dollar bills and purchase coin wrappers and envelopes to handle money and prizes.
Monthly and On-Going
- Keep a record of all “Toonie Pot” receipts and expenditures.
- Report expenditures and number of players that month at the monthly Executive Meeting.
- Assist Tournament Chair in the Maintenance of a list of Tournament and Trophy winners. Assist Tournament Chair at Mid-Season and End of Season game days in the presentation of prizes.
- Review handicap category levels and present adjustment recommendations to the club executive.
- Maintain, and keep up-to-date, club plaques for Holes-in-One and past executives.
- Order new gavel for out-going Captain and present it at the end of October Executive Meeting. “In Recognition – name Captain year – year”.
- Order new Black Hat for out-going Captain and new White Hat for incoming Captain for presentation it at the AGM.
- Purchase and deliver Christmas gifts for Country Meadows Staff.
- Both Vice-Captains to determine prize limits and articles for non-tournament events, eg. 4-club, coloured ball, etc. Convey recommendation to Executive. Decisions to be administered by the Tournament Chairman.
Prepared by: Terry Greenslade – September 2015